So I got this idea from another friend who had done dating (and met her boyfriend) on eHarmony. She recommended not exchanging numbers, last names, emails or anything too personal till after the first date at least. I thought this was really good advice. First, when you are meeting someone online, you really don't have any clue that he/she is who he/she says he/she is. So until you've hung out a few times, it is safest to keep things distant just in case. That doesn't mean you shouldn't bond over mutual interests or share stories about your life, but keep out the what street you live on and where you work stuff.Also I think that by not having each others cell you are forced to immediately examine what happened on the date and if you really are interested in seeing the person again. If you are, you send a message to him/her over the dating site with your number and email and then go from there to move the relationship off of the site.
If however the date sucked, and you really don't want to see him/her again, then you can cut it off easily be sending a message through the site saying you were not feeling it. Nice and clean.
So I am using that method for sure for all my dates. Does anyone else have any tips for online dating?
Elizabeth
Hugs and kisses,
Elizabeth
No comments:
Post a Comment