Thursday, February 24, 2011

Asking the Right Questions

I've gotten through the first few steps on eHarmony (5 multiple choice questions, the "must haves" and "can't stands" -- which I don't really even get -- and have now gotten onto the 3 open ended questions.) Progress!!!

So as I've been exchanging these questions, I've realized a few things. The people who I find more attractive are the ones who take the time to write individualized questions. They are the ones who actually read my profile and picked up on certain elements to ask me about. Best question I got so far was about a scene in a TV show that I had put as one of my favorites. He actually knew the characters and questioned what I would do in the particular situation. It obviously took some thought. And was really fun to answer. The rest of his questions were just as awesome. I am really looking forward to talking to him more. So I hope he responds soon!

Getting back to the questions. The people who spent time to create original and personalized questions rather than just pick random ones from a list are so much more impressive. I felt inspired and excited to respond to those types of questions.

So what should you get out of this? Take a few more minutes to ask the person you are communicating with a question that relates only him/her. It makes you feel special getting those questions, and you realize that they actually took the time to read your profile fully. It feel good. So share that feeling with someone else by taking the extra time to craft his/her questions! It is worth it and will help you form a deeper connection. And don't be afraid to get silly!

DATING UPDATE: Still no dates, but I feel them coming on soon! Woop!

Hugs and kisses,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment