Wednesday, February 16, 2011

First Valentine's Alone in Years...


So I spent my first Valentine's last night without a real valentine in years. I always had sweethearts in high school, a steady boyfriend in college and a string of other men since then that managed to just make it through this Hallmark Holiday. 

I've actually never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day. It is kinda like New Years to me where all this pressure is put on being with the right guy in the right dress at the right place with the right gifts or whatever. I really rather curl up at home and watch a movie and cook. I do love my red roses though...but it shouldn't take a holiday for a guy to give them to me! Right? 

Anyways, the above episode of Glee inspired me to embrace my single life and my new dating plans. So instead of being sad about not having a guy, I had dinner with three of my closest friends and loved every minute of it because they are so amazing. So I'm gunna take a line from Rachel (well, Katy Perry) here and say, "you just gotta ignite the light and let it shine, just own the night, like the forth of july, cus baby you're a firework, come on show them what you're worth!" So here is to singles everywhere! As Kurt said, "THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!"


Hugs and kisses,
Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. Glee and Katy Perry. Keep your love for both of these under wraps til at least date number 42.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S I love the blog but try not to get yourself killed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't knock Glee. Watch the above episode! It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS If I ever get to date 42 there will be a lot more things to worry about him finding out about...

    ReplyDelete